What to do, what to do – get the flu shot or not…I can’t give you the answer but what I can give you is some insight as to how you can boost your immune system and stay healthy during this vulnerable time of year.
I am not going to get into a whole discussion of why I disagree with the flu shot. It is not fair – there are at risk populations and situations that people strongly feel they need to get it. Great, I am not going to argue. However – my concern is that there isn’t enough research out there on the flu shot – but there is valuable and vital information on how you can boost your immunity and stay healthy naturally.
So here are some tips to keep things boosted up!
1. Eat Plenty of fresh organic Fruits and Vegetables – they contain high doses of naturally occurring vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and enzymes some key players are : broccoli, kale, sweet potatoes, carrots, apples, berries and citrus fruits
– Some extra special additions are garlic, ginger and onions – these guys contain naturally occurring properties that fight off infection and help to keep your immune system strong
– Manuka Honey is also super important – it is antibacterial and tastes delicious!
4. Keep your body Moving – get into the routine of doing regular physical activity (yoga, pilates, resistance training, running, kettlebells, swimming team sports etc..). Moving your body will help to keep your lymph flowing and allow “stuff” to move through your body. Exercising also makes you feel good!
5. Make sure to get lots of Rest – try to get at least 6-8 hours of rest every night. If you like to nap, take a quick power nap mid afternoon to keep you rejuvenated and fresh (I wish I could nap!)
6. Drink lots of fluids – Keeping your body hydrated will help to flush toxins out of your system and keep your cells happy. Herbal teas (ginger, hibiscus, echinacea, nettle, dandelion, astragalus, reishi mushroom) lemon with warm water and lots filtered water are a great way to get started!
It doesn’t take much to keep your body healthy. So whatever you decide to do – that is your choice. Just remember – that just because you get the flu shot – it doesn’t mean you can’t get the flu. So be sure to do whatever you can to boost your immunity on your own – these remedies work and have worked for decades. There was a time when flu shots didn’t exist – but natural remedies did! So go back to the roots of nature and stay healthy!
Super Immune Boosting Drink
1 cup warm water
1/2 lemon – squeezed
1/2 orange – squeezed
1 tsp grated ginger
1 tsp goji berries
1 tsp manuka honey