In this amazing conversation, Aviva and I get into understanding your hormones on all levels. How they impact you day-to-day from your cycle, your sleep, your mental health, and your fertility.
Dr. Aviva Romm is on a mission to empower and educate women to become fluent in the language of their hormones to awaken their inner hormone intelligence so they can heal, thrive, and reclaim their power.
Highlights from this episode:
- Exciting pregnancy news!
- How being a mom has informed Aviva’s career in women’s health
- Common hormone challenges women experience
- Understanding outward symptoms vs. silent symptoms
- Our hormones speak to us and tell us something is wrong
- Make a commitment to yourself to form new habits
- The 95/5 rule
- The hormone intelligence program helps women from their 1st period to menopause
- What is the blueprint of your hormonal health?
- Eating disorders prevent your period from happening
- Your menstrual cycle is your 6th vital sign
- High levels of estrogen can be due to dietary factors and endocrine disruptors
- Are you taking the pill for contraception or managing hormone symptoms?
- Depression is a huge side effect of taking the pill
- Why you need to take a multivitamin with methylfolate when you are coming off the pill
- Fertility challenges affect both men and women
- How long should you try conceiving naturally before seeking out fertility treatments?
- Telling women over 35 they are high risk does not make them feel empowered
- Why you need to reduce your exposure to flame retardants
- Stop using endocrine disrupters: BPA, BPS, and phthalates
- Focus on eating organic dairy, meat, and produce to limit toxins
- Natural beauty products have multiple uses
- Safe herbs to use during pregnancy and breastfeeding
- Finding balance and loving yourself
Follow @marniwasserman and @ultimatehealthpodcast on Instagram for Sarelle (baby TUB) updates
Dr. Aviva Romm – Hormone Intelligence (book)
Dr. Aviva Romm website
Follow Dr. Aviva Romm on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter
Dr. Aviva Romm – The Natural Pregnancy Book
Listen to TUHP episode 241: Dr. Aviva Romm – The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution • Permission To Pause • Embracing Adaptogens
The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists
Aviva Romm – Deadly Pajamas & Toxic Sofas: 5 Ways to Reduce Your Baby’s Exposure to Flame Retardants (article)
Hugh Taylor, MD
EWG: Environmental Working Group
EWG: Skin Deep
Dr. Aviva Romm – Herbs in Pregnancy: What’s Safe, What’s Not? (article)
The Hormone Intelligence Chats
Subscribe to TUBP in Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Google