My labour was long and difficult but it was a day (or two) that I will never forget.
Any woman that has given birth, no matter how or where is amazing! I have such an appreciation for labour and delivery being on the other side of it. It was a wild, exhilarating, exhausting experience but worth every second.
Sharing a birth story is very intimate and very empowering, and I am excited to share my story with you in this episode.
Highlights from this episode:
- Sarelle’s 36-week milestones
- Acknowledging all the women who have given birth
- Hitting the 40-week milestone
- Natural induction protocols
- Potential risks involved with a hind water leak
- Our home birth nearly turned into a hospital birth
- Trying one last natural induction remedy… castor oil
- Finally contractions, home birth is back on!
- The arrival of our doula & midwives
- Trying various birthing positions & techniques throughout the day
- Manually breaking the water
- Our birthing tub experience
- Moving through the long and exhausting stages of labour
- Tough love from midwives at the end of labour
- The miraculous arrival of our baby girl!!
- Her name… Sarelle Jolie
- Delaying cordcutting and delivering the placenta
- The start of our breastfeeding journey
- We’re so grateful for our birthing team
- The meaning behind Sarelle Jolie’s name
- Thank you for your love & support throughout our pregnancy & birth
Follow @marniwasserman and @ultimatehealthpodcast on Instagram for Sarelle (baby TUB) updates
Listen to The First Trimester
The Ultimate Baby aka TUB – The First Trimester (Marni’s blog post)
Listen to The Second Trimester
The Second Trimester And Beyond (Marni’s blog post)
The Ultimate Baby Nursery – Eco Friendly, Cozy & Natural (Marni’s blog post)
Listen to The Third Trimester
The Ultimate Birth Story (Marni’s blog post)
Our Doula – Jessica Ienna Mendez (IG: @gymdoula)
Midwives of Windsor
Joe Rogan episode #1425 with Garrett Reisman
Medley pull out couch (formerly called Stem Goods)
Rallis Olive Oil
Chalice Spice – The Ultimate Breastfeeding Tea
Seeking Health – Prenatal (use code ULTIMATEBABY to save 10%)
Subscribe to TUBP in Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Google