This episode is all about a year in review of being a mom.
There is so much to reflect on from the first year with my daughter Sarelle. Countless lessons have been learned and so much knowledge has been gained in a short period of time. Of course, there is so much I could share, but I have condensed it down to 12 things that I think are the biggest takeaways that will benefit any mom or mom-to-be.
I am no expert and I don’t claim to have all the answers. All I can do is share my experiences with you. I know you will relate, and I hope these takeaways guide you on your own motherhood journey.
Highlights from this episode:
- Sarelle’s 50-week milestones
- The best learning is the experience
- Bed-sharing vs. co-sleeping
- Be open-minded and go with the flow
- Sleep is always changing
- Our hybrid approach to sleep practices
- When people offer you help accept it
- Breastfeeding non-stop helps increase milk supply
- Bonding and engaging with your baby
- Be prepared with activities & snacks for car trips
- Less is more, you don’t need so many clothes
- Fresh air makes for a happy baby and better sleep
- Make it a priority to socialize your baby
- Stay connected with other moms
- Follow your instincts when it comes to feeding your baby solids
- Parenthood means to stay humble & stay present
- Babywearing is important
Follow @marniwasserman and @ultimatehealthpodcast on Instagram for Sarelle (baby TUB) updates
Raffi – Essentials
Sesame Street – Platinum All-Time Favourites
Lisa Loeb – Silly Sing-Along
Sharon, Lois, and Bram – The Elephant Show Record
Rockabye Baby! – Essentials
Jax and Lennon Clothing Co.
Listen to Angela Wallace previously on TUBP (episode #014)
Cococho Baby Carrier
Subscribe to TUBP in Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Google
Marni Wasserman photo credit: Vicki Bartel