So the question is, can you get pregnant with Hashimoto’s?
The answer is yes! This was something I definitely questioned when I was first starting to think about trying to conceive and wondered if I would have any challenges – as fertility can be something that is affected by autoimmune conditions and specifically, Hashimoto’s thyroiditis.
But I didn’t let the “what-ifs” get in my way. I just focused on all the things I could do to support my health and my thyroid gland. You will find out what I did and what you can do to give your body the best chances of conceiving with an autoimmune disease.
Highlights from this episode:
- Sarelle’s 19-week milestones
- Can you get pregnant with Hashimoto’s?
- What is Hashimoto’s
- How I figured out I had Hashimoto’s
- Advocate to get your antibody levels checked
- Why the vegetarian diet does not support thyroid health
- Supplement recommendations for thyroid health
- Work with a functional medicine team
- Why I recommend natural desiccated thyroid hormone
- Request a full thyroid panel test
- Benefits of the autoimmune protocol (AIP)
- The best herbs & medicinal mushrooms to lower your antibodies
- Sleep is critical to repair and restore your body
- Sarelle’s 4-month sleep regression
- Low impact exercise ideas
- Make self-care a priority when you are trying to heal
- Drink lots of water to flush out toxins
Follow Marni Wasserman on Instagram
Listen to TUB002: My Journey To A Natural Pregnancy
Listen to TUB003: Natural Preconception Planning
Listen to TUHP episode 156: Elle Russ – Reclaim Your Thyroid Health
Elle Russ – The Paleo Thyroid Solution (book)
Four Sigmatic <== 15% off all Four Sigmatic products (free shipping on orders $100 or more)
Clearlight Saunas – Save $450 off + Free Gift
Listen to TUHP episode 258: Samantha Gladish – Healing Hashimoto’s
Healing & Dealing with Hashimoto’s (Online Course)
Watch Marni Wasserman IGTV Channel
Subscribe to TUBP in Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Google