Nikki Bergen is one of Canada’s most sought after health and fitness experts. Nikki’s mission is to help women feel strong and confident during pregnancy, postpartum and beyond. She is a renowned Pilates Instructor, Pelvic Health Advocate and Pre/Postnatal Expert. She is also the creator of The Belle Method and The Bump Method.
In this episode, we get into Nikki’s personal story and how she has dedicated her life to creating fitness programs and helping women restore balance to their bodies.
We also talk about all things pelvic health including strengthening your pelvic floor and how to restore diastasis recti, incontinence, prolapse and so much more. If you are ready to take your pelvic health seriously, then please listen to this episode!
Highlights from this episode:
- Mom tip: Feed baby from utensils and rotate foods often
- How Nikki started her journey into pelvic health care
- How to prevent incontinence
- Pre-hab your pelvic floor
- The proper definition of Kegel
- What is reverse Kegel?
- At what point should we see a pelvic floor specialist?
- The different types of incontinence
- 3 simple tips to develop good toilet habits
- The different grades of prolapse
- Why it’s important to practice pelvic floor exercises during pregnancy
- Caution women on babywearing too soon after childbirth
- How to cough postpartum
- Talk to your care providers about alternative pushing positions during labour
- Learning how to push
- Diastasis recti is very common during and after pregnancy
- “Hug the baby” exercise
- Reconnect to your breath postpartum
- Why you should choose wraps vs. corsets postpartum
- Try breastfeeding on your side instead of sitting position
- Pelvic floor physiotherapy is important for c-section recovery
- Nikki’s new podcast: We Go There
- Moms remember it’s a sign of strength to ask for help
- Mom tip: You can wear your baby on your back with a proper carrier
Follow @marniwasserman and @ultimatehealthpodcast on Instagram for Sarelle (baby TUB) updates
Listen to Starting Your Baby On Solids & The Benefits Of Baby-Led Weaning With Angela Wallace
The Belle Method
The Bump Method
Follow The Belle Method on Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube
Jen Oliver – The Love FitMama Way (book)
Castor Oil Packs For C-Section Adhesions
Pelvic Health Mastery – Online Program
We Go There Podcast with Lexi Miles & Nikki Bergen
Cococho Baby Carrier
Subscribe to TUBP in Apple Podcasts, Spotify or Google